She carries a lot on her little shoulders . . . and sometimes she can get worn down. Which should be expected because just about everything in this world is pulling against everything she stands for and is trying to do.
Where, for instance, will you find the culture telling moms that being a mom is of infinitely more importance than being, say, an accountant or any number of other careers?
Now, if you have a career, good for you, but careers don’t change the world, disciplers do – the people who are teaching others by example what is right and how to live . . . like Jesus, and like Mom. This is why a godly mother makes Jesus happy – she’s doing what He said to do, “ . . . go and make disciples.” Remember the Great Commission?
Every godly, faithful mom is fulfilling the great commission every day.
Today, Lisa is worn down – tired out – and let’s face it . . . a little (a lot) discouraged.
When you’re in a war, one of the best strategies is to make sure your enemy never rests. And, make no mistake, Mom, you are the enemy . . . of Satan. He is at war with everything you stand for. The last thing he can countenance is a godly mom being faithful in the everyday spiritual endeavor of discipling a godly generation.
This is why a husband’s (my) role is so critical. I must endeavor to build up Lisa and support her in the high calling of motherhood.
So, today, I thought I’d share with her, and with you, Ten Reasons Mom is a 10!
1) You Are a Giver: You love your children more than you love yourself.
2) You Are a Good Example: You are a godly mom who teaches our children by how you live.
3) You Are a Good Encourager: Whenever the kids need a word to lift them up, there you are, filling their hearts with truth and love.
4) You Are a Good Homemaker: Is there a speck of dust here and there? Sure, but being a good homemaker is about far more than a little dust in the corner. It’s about creating a loving, safe, peaceful environment . . . like our home.
5) You Are a Good Disciplinarian: Our children know they are loved because you will not tolerate sinful behavior.
6) You Are a Good Manager and a Hard Worker: For years, we’ve always had good, nutritious food to eat, and the house is run with foresight.
7) You Are a Fun Person: We all love being around you because you’re a lot of fun.
8) You Are a Strong Defender: The world is filled with “Christian” smiles that hide daggers in the heart. You are a ready defender of your children from such destructive ungodliness.
9) You Are a Lover of Jesus: Your commitment to your Lord is known to all and, that’s an awesome testimony.
10) You Are a Faithful Lover: You’ve given your children the best gift a mom can bestow – faithfully loving your husband in front of them. It’s no accident they are secure.
So, thanks for being an awesome mom! I hope you breathe all of this in and know you are loved by your Heavenly Father, that He is deeply pleased by the life you live, and that He is especially pleased that you are part of turning the world upside down, one disciple at a time.
God Bless You!